9 March 2016

Missing addresses

Something went wrong here, the red boarded white label to the left signals error . . .


The company Sunne Textiles Inc. (Sunne Textil AB) had to deliver a box of clothes to Mr. Lindell living in the village Ytterby outside of Kungälv. The weight of the parcel was 3 kg so there must have been quite a lot of clothes. The problem was that the Sunne Textiles did not fill in the address at all. They just wrote "Mr. Lindell Ytterby" and added the postal code "440 32" as well. Maybe they thought that Ytterby was a small place and that Mr. Lindell was well known. The parcel took of for Ytterby on Thursday August 5 1971 and arrived on the Saturday.

. . .  the error is that the address is missing (option: utelämnad) and the label urges the receiver of the parcel to get in touch with the sender and sort that out. As you can see Sunne Textiles did not even add there own full address.

It looks like Mr. Lindell was well-known after all since a man called Lennart Lindell paid, signed the card and picked up the parcel on the Monday. But the story do not to end there. The next Friday the card and presumably the parcel were back again at the Post Office in Ytterby, according to the last cancellation stamp. It looks like the word canceled (makulerad) is written over the cancellation stamp. Lennart's signature was also crossed out. I guess it became a return.


Domestic parcel,  - 3 kg fee: 4.80 kr
1971, 22 January. 80 öre blue/brown the Waxholm Boat. Qty: 58,100,000.
1971, 22 January. 4 kr black "Blood Money" Coins, 1568. Qty: 33,300,00

In the fall of 1971 the older Three Crowns series had start to fade away. It used to be the backbone of parcel stamps, but not anymore. The Waxholm Boat and the "Blood Money" Coins was issued oat the same time in February 1971 and both did good service on parcel cards.

The 4 kr black the "Blood Money" Coins was the one of the higher denomination definitive stamps with a medieval theme that were issued at the beginning of the seventies, the other ones were 5 kr blue-green National Seal 1439, 2.55 kr light blue Seal of King Magnus Ladulås 1285 and 3 kr green-blue Seal of Duke Erik Magnusson 1306 from 1970, followed by the 4 kr stamp above and in 1972 the 6 kr blue-grey Old Swedish Coin.

The 80 öre Waxholm Boat would during 1971 get company by more definitive stamps in the lower denomination range. Each and every one a stamp of its own, no more long definitive series of the same motif as before.


Domestic Parcel rates effective by January 1971 until October 1971: (an unusually short period of time)
- 1 kg 1 - 3 kg 3 - 5 kg 5 - 7 kg 7 - 10 kg
3.80 kr [4.80 kr] 5.80 kr 9.00 kr 13.00 kr


Where are the places:
Sunne is situated 283km NW of Stockholm, the distance by road is 377 km.
Ytterby is situated 392 km SW of Stockholm, the distance by road is 492 km.
The distance between Sunne and Ytterby is 231 km by road.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I separated recently. We’ve been married for six years now and it’s been an abusive relationship in all types of ways. I want to figure out myself and fix my own issues so I can fix my marriage because it’s broken down and I’m emotionally drained. I feel it’s unfair for me to try to fix something that I’m the only one that’s putting effort into. I’m so confused. That had been my decision until I came across an article on the internet on how Dr. Peter helped many people to restore broken marriages/relationships. I quickly contacted him, and he told me what I should do, which I did immediately. Within seventy two hours my husband came back and the greatest part of it is that my husband has changed completely, he no longer abuses or insults me. Today, he has become a loving and caring husband. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact via email drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com WhatsApp text/call +19844092762

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my husband returns back to me. Things don't just work out until you make the right choice in your life, In my life I made the right choice when I contacted Peter, who specializes in restoring broken relationships or marriages. I'm here on this site to thank peter for a job well done Because I never believe that I would have gotten my husband back after he left me for over a year with kid, if not for the sake of peter that help me I wouldn't have been here today that is why i won't be leaving this site without dropping the contact details r peter which is via drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com and whatsapp +2348162247974

    ReplyDelete